Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Last Year

So last year I did the whole eharmony thing.  What a time that was.  I don't think I will ever forget the time that I got matched with a guy that had like half a mohawk that stood up at good 6 inches in the air- totally not my type.

I did go on two dates though, that made me pretty much immediately give up online dating.  How I am attempting this again makes me question my sanity, but I degress.

The first date I went on was with a weatherman who spent a lot of time in SoFla where he worked, but lived in Orlando.  A word of advice... these guys know how to use their hands.  If your thoughts went down the gutter, I am sorry to disappoint you.  Think about the amount of time they spend gesturing at a green screen to show up areas of the map and storms.  This was how he was in real life too- animated, almost theatrical.  I just wasn't feeling it, and when he texted me an hour later telling me how wonderful I was, I ran quickly in the other direction.  

The second date I went on was with this guy from Daytona Beach.  He was an accountant, but not at all boring like you would expect an accountant to be.  I remember enjoying getting to know him, and thinking how gorgeous he was- until I learned two things- pictures lie, and he was short.  I wore heels and I felt like a giant next to him.  My friend reminded me last night that he didn't like ice in his soda.  This really bugged me at the time, because it's just incredibly abnormal.  Especially for places that offer free refills.  He also weirded me out, but in a years time I don't merely remember the details as well, so I apologize for the lackluster description in what went wrong.

I decided eharmony was a little bit pricey, and when I received questionable matches like mohawk dude, I decided to quit while I was ahead of the game.  And that game just happened to be living the single life for a bit longer, before attempting online dating yet once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment